We’re one month away from the March to End Fossil Fuels in New York City, and solidarity actions around the world – and things are getting exciting.
If you haven’t signed up already, there’s a ton of new and emerging information below – about travel, housing, logistics, and of course non violent direct action.
If you’ve already signed up or have a plan to join us in New York, or at your local action to end the era of fossil fuels September 15-17 use the share tools below to spread the word &/or chip in here to support our organizing.
First of all – this isn’t just another protest. This is a powerful movement of change. And to change everything, we need everyone. But by taking action together, we can send a clear message to our world leaders – especially President Biden – that it’s time to put an end to the era of fossil fuels and invest in a clean and sustainable future for all.
If you can make it to the big March in NYC on September 17, or to any of the actions happening around the world September 15-17, please do. If you cannot, you can chip in here to support our organizing.
If you’re still trying to figure out if or how you can join us, or you’re looking to get more plugged in to planning, you may find some of these links and resources useful.
- It’s not just a march! We’re taking non violent direct action the whole week before, and on Monday September 18th. If you can come early, stay late, and take additional actions or risk, click here to find out more.
- If you want to do more. Like volunteer, call New Yorkers and invite them to the march, or start a volunteer “hub” to bring your community together and bring them to the march on September 17, click here for more information.
- Looking for busses? There are lots of ways to get to New York City for free or cheap – with busses leaving from Vermont to North Carolina, and lots of places in between – including especially so, so many busses from New York and New Jersey. Check out the travel logistics page and find your ride!
- Calling all poster paste-rs! Our friends at People vs Fossil Fuels have once again recruited five amazing artists to make large, fold-out, full-color posters to support groups and people taking action in September. Sign up here to get some posters and put them up in your community, and/or click here for the poster toolkit with more ideas and tools on how to do that.
- Sharing is caring! In addition to the tools above, you may want to use this toolkit to share about the march!
That’s a lot of info – if you need even more, or have a more particular question – give us a shout in the comments or reply to our emails and tell us how we can help you get to the march, take action before or after, and otherwise stay engaged.